Whew! This summer has really flown by. We hope that all of you have been able to find some time to relax and enjoy your ponds and gardens. Now that September is here, fall is approaching. This means that pond and water feature owners have to start thinking about fall preparation.
Here are a few things to remember for September:
- As the water temperature dips below 60 degrees, we want to switch back to a cool season/wheat germ food (we sell it at the nursery). Continue feeding fish until the temperature hits 50-55 degrees (typically mid-October).
- Fertilize your lilies and other aquatic plants one more time in September, to continue to get flowers.
- It is still a great time to put plants in the ground because you’ll only have a few weeks left to water before the October rains start. We have our end of the season special: buy three plants (terrestrial or aquatic), get one free. It’s not too late to enjoy more life in your pond or around the garden!
- Fish are buy three, get one free (fish $25+ only).
- All display fountains are 15% off.
- All fall decor is buy one, get one free.
- Fall is an excellent time to hire our landscape company, Falling Water Designs, to finish (or start) those landscape projects you were unable to complete during the busy spring and summer months. Falling Water Designs works year round, whether it’s creating garden designs for new clients, cleaning and repairing ponds, or installing ponds, patios, fire-pits, etc. Let us assist your needs!
This month’s How-To helps you prepare for the fall and winter seasons. Our What’s New And On Sale is always changing and our inventory is limited, so be sure to check out our featured decor and garden art. For information on classes, events, and weddings, click here.
Take a look at our landscaping team’s Most Recent projects. They have been working non-stop this season!
For plants that are looking great in the garden and available for purchase at the nursery, head over to the Cool Plants section.
We are excited to announce a NEW section of our newsletter: Featured Koi.
Is there a specific topic or subject you’d like us to talk about and cover? Please let us know!
We will be switching to our fall hours on September 15th:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 10AM to 5PM.
Closed Tuesday-Thursday, except by appointment only.
We are open Labor Day Weekend (including Labor Day), 10AM-6PM.
Did you know?
You may simply know us as Falling Water Gardens, the aquatic nursery and garden center in Monroe with the big fountains and display gardens. Did you know that the parent company, Falling Water Designs has been designing and installing award winning gardens and water features in the Puget Sound since the year 2000? It’s true! And we’ve been featured countless times in the media.
We were also featured on HGTV’s show Landscaper’s Challenge not once, but twice. We’ve won awards with the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals, The Northwest Flower and Garden Show and the American Horticulture Society. We must be doing something right.
Looking to have some work done in your garden? In need of pond maintenance?
Contact us for more information and an estimate at (360) 863-1400 or email us at email@example.com.
Please note that we’ve updated our newsletter format. You may navigate through this newsletter by clicking on the page numbers below.